Regular blogging on your company’s website is one of the most effective ways to improve your search engine rankings to give your business more online visability and attract business leads which is what inbound marketing is all about.
How does it work?
1. Regular updates of your website with new and original content is one of the most important factors Google looks at when determining search engine rankings. Every time you write a new blog post, you add another indexed page on your website, which means it’s one more opportunity for your website to show up on Google and drive traffic to your website.
2. Every time you write a new blog post, you are creating new content that you can link to, with your social media posts (think Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter). People who see it can like your post and share it within their networks and thereby expand your audience.
3. Blog posts are a great way to add keywords to your website. Whereas keyword stuffing used to be a common SEO practise, Google’s search engine algorithms now punish websites that engage in this practice. What to do? A great way to optimise keywords on your website without keyword cramming is with a blog post on a topic that naturally uses appropriate keywords. That way, you are sure to avoid keyword spamming.
4. Social media posts with a link to your blog bring traffic to your website. This is your opportunity to convert that traffic into sales leads! Best way to generate enquiries to your business is to add a call to action with a free offer to every blog post. This can be things like ‘Enter for your chance to win’ competitions, free brochures, FAQ sheets, free product trial etc. Readers click the call to action button and go to a landing page contact form or simply a link to your existing contact page.
5. Ideally your business blogs are written to answer common questions that your sales enquiries have. If your blogs create content that is helpful to your target market, this helps establish your authority within your chosen market and is a seriously great resource your sales and customer service people can use to educate their enquiries and convert them into sales.
6. Not only will your blog post rank in search engines, but it will assist your website in gaining a higher ranking. Who knows! Consistent posting of blogs with helpful content on your website and social media could eventually put your website on the first page of Google in a keywords search for your products or services! That’s the objective! Best of all, it didn’t cost you a Google ad campaign to achieve it!
7. In summary, the long term impact of business blogging can have a compound effect in the organic ranking of your business on Google…and who doesn’t want to not have that!
If you’re interested in adding a blog to your existing business website, Foxy Advertising can help you. We are a digital marketing consultancy with ‘BIG Ideas for Small Business’ with all of the ‘smarts’ you need to help your business grow… Please contact us to find out more.